Monday, February 28, 2005

Honey, if that's moving up, then I'm...

MOVING OUT!! (listening to: "Amphetamines," by EVE6)

That's right, boys and girls, I'm moving into my own little one-bedroom apartment in Apple Valley, MN. As soon as I figure out my exact address, I'll post it up here, and you can all send me housewarming cards. :) There's a problem with addresses in that particular area of Apple Valley. There's a house on the same street as my complex with the same number as the apartment building. So, in theory, both that house, and everyone in my building have the same address... so, something's up there.

The place is fantastic, you can ask Daisy. I have a deck that you can go out on, and barbecue... maybe even spit off of, if you so desire. :) A few things need to be done with the place: I need to re-paint the bathroom (color choices? I'm taking requests), and re-wallpaper or paint the kitchen. Currently, the kitchen enjoys a very busy white flower design that I may or may not NEED to tear down within 2 days in that place. Carpeting is all new, new appliances in the kitchen, including a dishwasher. :) Ample closet space, and finally... you guessed it... the thing I've always wanted...

One of those cool buzzer boxes on the wall so I can buzz people up to my unit. :) HAPPY FACE!!

(+5 bonus points to anyone who comes over and sings "I wanna kiss you all over" into my buzzer box.)
(+2 bonus points to anyone who can name that movie.)

4 comments:

Chuck Carlson said...

Unfortunately my strong dedication to honesty forbids me from singing that particular song to you. But I will take the points for naming a happy gilmore quote.

Congratulations on moving out! I think you should not rewallpaper your kitchen, cause that is a lot of work. And the bathroom, if it is anything other than white make sure it isn't a color that shares properties with some sort of feces. Cause that is always awkward walking into a piss yellow bathroom and not really knowing for sure.

what...Friends listen to endless love in the dark

Remember that time we were playing madden in your room in the dark and endless love came on and you looked at me with that look on your face and knew, you just somehow knew that I had sufficiently demonstrated my point about the quality of the music selection on your winamp playlist. ahh, nostalgia, winamp was so great.

jeremyorion said...

Yay! Congrats dude. The pics of the place look great. Get your act together and start a Flickr account so you can post some for the world to see!

And I didn't know the movie, but I'll sing that song AND raise you an Endless Love.

nobody's starling said...

oh how excited i am for you!

i vote orange for the bathroom--with a black and white polk-a-dot shower curtain. sweet. yes. very sweet.

i tried to paint my very small bathroom a color (purple), but it made it look very small and like a brothel. so, paint at your own risk--and avoid whorish colors (like the exact shade of purple in my bathroom).

:)

the very first thing you must do is turn the music up really loud and recreate that scene from risky business---for that is the dance of independence.

jeremyorion said...

(Picturing madjai doing the risky business scene....) *shivers*

(Picturing c.wika doing the risky business scene....) =)