Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Get out your rulers, kids!

If it comes down to it, I really hope they pick corduroy. (listening to "Such Great Heights" by Iron & Wine)

So.. Virginia takes a stand against all you young whipper snappers who think that it's cool to wear your pants down around your knees.

Maybe sarcasm doesn't work too well around the blog world. Let's try something more blatant. Remember all your kids who went to private school, myself included? Virginia has taken the necessary first steps to making sure that we as Americans don't look like slobs anymore. I don't know where these lawmakers were in the 80's when bangs and big ass bracelets were around. Or in the 70's, when it was white guys in afros and big gold chains. But, let me just say that I'm SO glad that they're around now. No more shall we have people walking around exposing a full inch of their undapants. Soon, we're going to make it illegal for people to walk around with untied shoes. Then, you have to have 85% of your buttons on your shirt buttoned. And, how shall we enforce these laws? Well, we can't limit it to people who leave the house like that... oh no, we're going to have to have plainclothesmen entering houses with open windows to make sure that everyone is obeying the dress code.

I propose that we just go the way of Catholic schools, and make all the guys wear turtlenecks and sweaters with slacks; and girls have to wear white dress shirts with pleated skirts. Stop by the city hall to pick up your uniform, kids. And don't look at me like that. It's for your own good. Kids today...

4 comments:

jeremyorion said...

Preach on, brotha.

And post again.

carrot.

Erika said...

I hated the way that kids in my high school dressed; I remember the boys with pants so wide that it looked like they were wearing a skirt. So why not buy a skirt then, I'd wonder. Then there were the kids with underwear hanging out, the girls dressed like hookers, etc. It's amazing; high school was just a big, shameless fashion show.

Ang said...

ha, i just wrote about the same thing. that's funny. it's ridiculous, i agree. hope your day is good and work is keeping you sane. i think we should go to comedy sportz tonight. just so you know.
take care.
write someday.
peace.

The Madjai said...

erika-

No doubt you're right. But just because we don't agree with someone's fashion choice, does that mean that we should legislate their ability to wear it? If I wanted to wear a pizza on my head, should I have to pay the government a fee?

Thanks for the comment, keep 'em coming!