Sunday, June 19, 2005

June 18, 2005

A day that shall live forever in time. (listening to: "Good Times" by the Counting Crows)

*insert fanfare and ticker tape parade*

Folks, I want everyone to know that I am having the numbers 6-18-05 tattooed on each arm so that I shall never forget what happened on this day. What could be so great, you ask? Well... allow me to link. but, first... for drama's sake, I'm going to insert a bunch of br tags so that the image below isn't shown until you've read this. And now... Scroll down.














THEY'RE BACK



Sweet mother of God, life is tasty again!!!

*insert angelic choir*

As I sat in my lonely... oh how lonely... apartment on Saturday morning, I felt hungry. So, I went to the kitchen. Snacks only. No "Food." So, I went to go buy food. Now, ordinarily, my grocer of choice is Super Target(r). They have sushi in the deli, and the most amazing peasant bread you've ever dipped in oil. But, something... something I would come to understand later as Divine Intervention (Do you know what divine intervention means, Vincent?) called me to Cub Foods. So, I made my way to the home of the bumper stickers I hate ever so much (I (h) my Cub??? *puke*). Once there, I ran into an old friend I have not seen in months, and thought, "My. fancy that. How odd." Then... as is my routine in every grocery store I visit since my junior year of high school.. straight to the frozen treats section to seek out the above yumminess. And there.... glowing in freakish, pure, radiant angelic light.... were the pops. Exactly as I remember them (though.. strangely more phallic shaped than they once were). I did a disco dance of happiness (you really should have seen that) and let out my high pitched shriek of happiness that only few people have ever heard. Ask them. It's quite the scene. I ran to a nearby grocery shopper and exclaimed, "Did you know!?!? Can you see!??! They're back!!!" After apologizing and talking them out of a very possible assault charge, I regained what composure is possible after a childhood wish is fulfilled.

I called as many people as I could that day to inform them of the good news. I felt very much like the archangel Gabriel. "Fear not, fair citizens! For I bring great tidings of glad joy. Today, re-born unto you in the city of Apple Valley is a dessert. A dessert unlike any other. And you shall call them Pudding Pops."

Amen.

2 comments:

jeremyorion said...

I am happy for you, but alas, I am still languishing in pudding popless land. I have search high and low, Kroger and Econofoods. I have yet to check the local grocers, but I find the odds to be even lower there.

Maybe mail me some?

nobody's starling said...

SoDak has no pudding pops to speak of.


i am sad.