Monday, September 05, 2005

Gee.. What could there possibly be to talk about?

Well, since it's been an entirely uneventful two weeks since last I blogged, I have no idea what I should talk about today. (listening to "My Bones Ache" by My Skeleton)

I've got a cold I can't shake, and I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights. So, naturally, this leads to a bit of the achy joints. But have no fear, bloggites. The wheel keeps on spinning 'round.

Let's see... first things first. The DVD of House MD, Season One came out a week ago Tuesday, and I took the first opportunity I could to run over to Best Buy and pick it up. I spent the next three days watching each of the 22 episodes in order of airdate. (They were actually shot in a different order, leading to a few continuity problems) Can I just say: Fantastic. Hugh Laurie has been nominated for an Emmy for his performance as misanthropic Dr. House, and many predict him to win. It is important to note, however, that the show did not recieve a nomination. While well written, the first season relied heavily upon formula, only straying slightly towards the end. I pray that the writers have the good sense to carry on with this trend and see where it takes them. I should think the message that a character, and not the show itself earned the attention of the Emmy committee, would not escape the makers of this phenomenal program, and they would realize that focusing on this cast of strange and unusual characters is the way to go. But hey. I just watch the show. Season Two begins Tuesday, Sept. 13th on FOX. Viewer Discretion is advised.

I am trying to decide how best to address the catastrophe of biblical proportions going on in the Big Easy. So much has been said, while at the same time so little is actually being said. I think it's strange that CUBA is offering aid, and the US is ignoring them. Now, I know that we don't like Cuba. Really. I get it. Nearly 40 years with no talky. Ok. But hey... LOOK. The end of the world is coming to New Orleans, and they're RIGHT THERE. With medicine, supplies, and doctors. They don't want a change in foreign policy; they want to help. And we're pretending they're not there like siblings in the back of a car on a roadtrip. Please, Mr. Bush. Please pull your head out of whatever bureaucratic nonsense you've got going on right now, and HELP. That is all.

Folks, I'd like to lighten the mood a bit by giving you all advance warning of my first Comedy Sportz show, coming up on September 29th. The last Thursday of the month, at 8pm, I'll be premiering with the rest of my minor league team at the Comedy Dome in Uptown Minneapolis. PLEASE call and make reservations so that the numbers can go up. We'd love to pack the place, so please: if you can make it, do. Call (612) 870-1230. Thanks. And I hope to see you all there!

Final words: I've been very introspective in the last week, trying to figure myself out. I think I'm on to something, and hopefully will have something to talk about soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: