Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm Hot???!?

So.. apparently the Madjai has some sort of sex appeal that he was unaware of. (listening to "Astronomy Domine" by Pink Floyd)

I've had two different people from two different parts of my life (one of them is NOT my mom, for those of you who WILL say that) say that I was Hot. And to that, I had to say "B'guh??"

When pressed for more information, they answered almost exactly the same response. It's not that I dress well, or have rugged manly looks, but it's more of the "charming, likable, boyish attractiveness." At which point, I totally got it. A tall, skinny kid who is, admittedly, funny and self-deprecating. Not overly non-stop-god-I-wonder-what-he'd-be-like-in-bed kind of Hot. But, as one of them put it: "Sometimes I look at you and think, 'You know.. Sex would be nice.'"

...

Which is fantastic. I guess I don't understand it, but it's given me something to think about over the last day or so. I'm not "unfortunate looking," and as I've always said, A laugh goes a long way towards a girl's heart. So, I guess all of these minor things combine to form someone who comes off as rather attractive. Which was really nice to hear, since lately I've been feeling rather... shall we say... troll-under-a-bridge.

And it all kind of came to a rather strange point tonight. I was buying cigarettes at a gas station, and I was just hanging out by my car, smoking, just... ya know. Like you do. And this girl pulled up in her car, and she smiled at me as she got out and went into the gas station. I thought nothing of it, and then she came back out and walked right over to me and shyly asked me for a cigarette. I obliged, and she introduced herself, and we shared one of those sweetly awkward "you're cute" conversations that you randomly strike up with people. And she finished her cigarette, and thanked me, and then placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "Bless you." She meant for the cigarette, she wasn't some crazy religious person instilling the spirit of the Lord Jehovah in me. And she did that half-turn, smile, hair tuck that girls are so good at.

And that was it. She drove off, and I had to just smile. I'm attractive. Who knew?

*grin*

4 comments:

Jill said...

It's your new haircut. It looks gooooood.

jeremyorion said...

baby, I've been saying this shit for years. you've always been hot to me. no...really. like, when we would be going to bed in the dorms, it was all I could do to not tell cwika I had to go upstairs to cuddle with you.

no...really. it almost happened.

ok not really. but you know what I mean...

nobody's starling said...

look at that madj-dawg: you're so damn hot that j wanted to leave me cold and lonely on East 2.

bastard.

Ang said...

very cute story. why didn't you get her number? ;) glad to hear you're feeing upidy. I like you when you're upidy. have a great day, you.
me.